Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Nod To Bohemia: Guest Post by Jessica Gann

Jessica Gann is one of our favorite customers and does our clothing some serious justice. I asked her to write a piece for the blog and she gets me, she really gets me. I was born in '71 so I too grew up spending many happy hours in the homes of friends and friends of my mother's surrounded by huge ferns, tapestries, macrame of all kinds, huge wicker peacock chairs and beds, swag lamps with velvet shades and gorgeous Turkish Kilim rugs. Women with super long hair, crop tops, flowy kimonos, old lace and fringe of all kinds, layers of jewelry, big ass turquoise rings. bell bottoms and amazing wood and leather shoes. 70's style has always been my favorite and a huge piece of my heart. Please enjoy Jessica's post and check out her blog at http://jessicamunday.com/

I have an obsession with all things bohemian! As a kid I would look over and over at pictures of my mom during the 70's loving the bell bottoms, the over-sized sunglasses, flowy maxi's, floppy hats, long wind blown hair and crochet crop tops. There is something so incredibly romantic and dreamy about that era of fashion. When bohemian first made its wild come back in our decade I was crazy in love and found myself owning numerous colors of gaucho pants and flowey tunics with bell sleeves. YES please!! I will always love the 60's and 70's nostalgic fashion and I love even more when other fashionistas that own boutiques, sell reminiscent clothing .

Fredonia in Chattanooga, TN is by far one of the most unique shops in the downtown area. Morgan, owner of Fredonia does any amazing job picking and buying clothing for her shop. I adore the ode to the bohemian style that can be found all over her pieces with a touch of modern. It would be so easy to purchase one piece in her store to add a unique versatility to any wardrobe.
But since it was my birthday and I am not often in the area, I went wild. It's hard to say one piece that is my favorite. But if I had to pinpoint it would be the midi-open shoulder black dress. This dress will easily be thrown on often, dressed up or worn in a hurry to an errand. The dress is weightless and will be amazing to our torturous TN summers. I adore it! I am crazy excited to wear the soft vintage sleeveless horse T and high waited jeans. I have tried on all of my new purchases at least a dozen times and pranced around my room. 
If you live in Chattanooga and haven't visited Fredonia get to it! Your missing great stuff!!


 





-- 
Jessica Gann

No comments:

Post a Comment