Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014: Perspective

It’s a new year and the possibilities are endless! 2013 saw so many wonderful changes in my life, a wedding, a big move, a new dog, an awesome new business, wonderful new friends; so many small everyday gratitudes that I couldn’t even list them all here. I’m excited about the year ahead and rather than making resolutions that I end up abandoning  and then beating myself up for,  I am going to continue to  work on my perspective and self-awareness. For me, some changes come “easier” than others and there are some areas of my life I find hard to let go off so, instead of coming from a place of judgment and pressure, can I come from a place of curiosity and meaning? Do I want to be result driven or present in the process?  Can I make getting there interesting and fun? Is there a new way I could look at this thing in my life that I’d like to change or become more comfortable with? Can I work on shifting my perspective from what’s wrong to what’s right? It’s often difficult for me to fight the messages of my inner critic, can I acknowledge them and just appreciate that I showed up, which is half the battle anyway? At the end of the day, can I look at where I showed up rather than where I fell short?
How about you, what are 3 things you are grateful for right now in this very moment? How did you show up for your life today?

Perfectly imperfect, I move into 2014 as a constant work in progress, mindful of being more kind and loving to myself and others. Here’s to a wonderful new year!! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment