Monday, January 27, 2014

Pay-It-Forward

So,  I have been bombarded in my news feed lately with so much negativity, from politics and religion, to small, seemingly petty gripes and complaints. I don't think that most of us even know that we are doing it, but, at the end of the day it adds up to alot of negativity. I don't want to come off as obnoxious, it's not like I float around on a pink cloud all day and never feel anything other than great, in fact, quite the opposite. All the more reason I practice gratitude, being in the moment and compassion. "Practice" being the key word, it takes work! And I have been at it for years.

A friend of mine posted this on Facebook yesterday, I love it and was immediately in. I did this last year with crafts and it was so great. I am passing it along to you as a challenge, to copy and paste this to your Facebook, participate and see what happens!


To start this year off in a loving way I'm participating in the Pay-it-Forward initiative... The first five people who comment on this status with "I'm in" will receive a surprise from me at some point in this calendar year- anything from a book, a ticket, a visit, something home-grown or made, a postcard, absolutely any surprise! There will be no warning and it will happen when the mood comes over me and I find something that I believe would suit you and make you happy. These five people must make the same offer in their FB status and distribute their own joy. Simply copy this text onto your profile, (don't share) so we can form a web of connection and kindness. 

Good luck, hope you enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. I try to only use my status updates to talk about happy things like my cat or somewhere yummy we just ate, but sometimes I crack and let something slip and feel really guilty about it later. It's all well and good to have opinions and beliefs, but it's not worth losing friends or good feelings over text on a screen the same as with words in person. I wish everyone--including myself--would think more before they hit share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you , Laura, don;t beat yourself up too much, we all do it!

    ReplyDelete