Saturday, January 18, 2014

Five Things:Small Everyday Joys

Noticing the small joys and beauty in everyday life is part of my practice of gratitude. These lists come easily to me now as I have done a lot of work on being in the present and letting go of things I can’t control, which is pretty much everything. Letting go and gratitude; I could go on and on and on about them, but for today I will keep it simple.

Five Things: Small Everyday Joys

        1.  Waking up with my pets in the bed
        2.  The coffee my husband made waiting for me in the morning
        3 .The book I’m reading on my nightstand
        4. The feeling of coming home after a long day at work
        5.  Having the door held for me by a stranger


These things bring me joy, are beautiful and keep me grounded when I want to feel sorry for myself or ruminate too long about something or someone who isn’t doing what I think they should(HA!), for them I am grateful. What small joys or
beauty did you notice in your world today?

No comments:

Post a Comment