Thursday, January 9, 2014

Five Things: Songs

We all love music for so many reasons; the way the bass  and drums drive the beat, the lilt or rawness of a singer’s voice,  an overflow of emotion, maybe it just makes you happy or the lyrics just slay you. If the song is really awesome, it does most or all of the above. All of the songs on my current top five list move me physically and emotionally in some way and all for different reasons.

Five Things: Favorite Songs
1.       Loose, The Stooges
2.       Birds, Neil Young
3.       Mother of Pearl, Roxy Music
4.       Zero Hour, The Plimsouls
5.       Tangled Up in Blue, Bob Dylan

 I love where music takes me; sometimes into the world the song creates with it’s lyrics, sometimes to the place in time when I first heard it or to memories of a special person in a special time of my life. Songs are like a calling card to the past for me, I can pull them out and be transported. Often, I can pull them out and just be rooted in the moment by the pure joy of moving my body to the rhythm.  Does music transport you? Where does it take you and with whom? Could you easily do a current Five Favorite Songs list right now off the top of your head?! Rock on, XO

No comments:

Post a Comment